A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Sunday, March 18, 2007


The Desert 沙漠

Ok, the last post about our Chinese New Year trip and then I am determined to keep a regular schedule on posting. I loved being in the desert because it is different. It is different from what I am used to and by nature I like to explore. Of course the night sky is beautiful 沙漠的夜景很美. It is really easy to see lots of stars and the constellations shining brilliant in the sky.

One thing I discovered is that although there is a large difference between the temperatures in the day and the evening, because of the extreme dryness of the air it did not feel like such a big difference. Even though it was in the middle of winter it was very warm during the day, but it was pleasant 因為空氣很乾燥所以冬天的天氣很舒服. At night it was cool, not cold, but we didn’t even need to turn on the heat because a blanket was fine and no I am not one of Spartan types those who suffers without heat even in the frostiest of weather…for me, warm is good.

This time we also visited an inland sea that is well below sea level 海拔零下幾百尺 and a Korean hot springs resort with thoughtfire mom and dad. The first photo is of our whole group at the hot springs resort. The second photo is a bay along the inland sea. (That speck hanging in mid-air is not dust -for those of you Nikon and Canon DSLR users- but a sea gull that I can see clearly when I enlarge it many times.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home