A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Sunday, December 17, 2006


Dance School Christmas Party 芭蕾舞學校的聖誕晚會

We just had the Christmas Party at my daughter’s dance school and this was the perfect opportunity to try out my new high speed lens 高速廣角鏡頭. It is the equivalent of a 100mm in film cameras, can take photos in low light and also do macro photography as well. Since I found a cheap price on sale, lenses don’t go down in price like the camera bodies, and the place gave me a good trade in value for my almost 3 year old kit lens I never use, I went for it. As you can see, it really gives sharp photos indoors with no flash 室內, 不用閃光 on a blustery rainy day. (with no heat indoors, but that's true everywhere here.)

In the first photo, my daughter is sitting down with the crowd for the endless rounds of introductions. I admit it was interesting to hear some of the stories. I learned that the only ‘foreign’ teacher, who I thought is American, is actually a Cuban 古巴人 who had danced in performance before with the other instructors, not surprising considering the close ties China has had with Cuba over the past half century or so. The second photo could be entitled anticipation 渴望的表情 that can be seen so clearly on the children’s faces as they are waiting for presents to be dispersed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home