A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Thursday, November 23, 2006


Thanksgiving 感恩節 2006

I normally write my posts more in English, so I’m going to switch this time for part of the post.

Thanksgiving seems to be a unique holiday 獨一無二的季節from the Americas, but maybe some of you out there can help me with this. There are other 'harvest festivals,' such as the Moon festival, but a Thanksgiving is only found in the Americas. We visited my wife's friends in Toronto right on the Canadian Thanksgiving加拿大的 感恩節 in mid October and had a wonderful Vietnamese BBQ dinner with ice wine 冰酒 outside in a garden surrounded by flaming red and orange maple trees 楓樹.

This year, my parents came over for dinner and brought the turkey 火雞, stuffing火雞的餡, potatoes 馬鈴薯and pumpkin pie 南瓜餅 with them. We found a place nearby that sells live turkeys to be killed and plucked to order. My mother’s potato dishes are really good tasting as I guess is to be expected from someone of German descent.

You can see the results after the family thanksgiving dinner. Grandpa is there getting his hugs from a granddaughter and a grandson. Of course we cannot forget the family portrait minus the photographer.

今年的感恩節我很:

感謝信耶穌基督
感謝可以感覺到神在我們的生命當中
感謝有家庭, 妻子, 孩子
感謝有工作
感謝身體好
感謝可以去聖靈充滿的教會

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home