A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

2 things I learned last weekend 上個禮拜的啟示

Enjoy life as it comes, seize the moment. Life is enjoyable in the living. For someone like me who always plans ahead this has been hard to learn. Up to this time in life, I have always been one to plan ahead and to focus on that goal. I guess I have never ignored the moment, but seeing friends at the Christmas party 聖誕晚會 on Friday night talk about how long they have been in the Ph.D. program 從 1998年起 or how much times have changed, children born or growing bigger, made me realize that time is passing. This is a great time of life right now to enjoy. Our children are still young and enjoy the simple things, so carpe diem 佔領天.

In that spirit, photo 1 is of our daughter’s gingerbread Christmas tree 薑餅的聖誕樹 right before it was eaten by her little brother. The second photo is our little one intensely concentrating 很會集中精神 on his artwork. Quite amazing for a toddler!

Don’t take the blessings of the Lord for granted 不是理所當然, because they are good. Our family has been blessed with good children, a great relationship with my wife, a good house, good health and good stable sources of income that don’t eat up every minute of time. I see so many problems around us and sometimes have near brushes with problems in our own lives and so I am grateful for what we have.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lonnie said...

Merry Xmas from Guangzhou....

8:40 PM  
Blogger thoughtfire said...

Wishing you and your wife a Merry Christmas as well.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fear of god clothing
supreme clothing
hermes
supreme
hermes outlet

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home