A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Thursday, February 22, 2007



Dates 枣子

We got back from a recent trip to over the Chinese New Year the deserts of Southern California 南加州的沙漠 which I will be sharing in segments. This was one of our prizes of the trip, a 15 pound box of fresh Medjool dates for a very reasonable price 廉價. We’ll share 分享 with friends and family.

It is amazing to see all of the different types of dates grown, all from different parts of the Middle East. There are some that are very sweet 很甜. Others have a milder taste more like a fig 味道像無花果. Yet others have a dry bread-like consistency 濃度像麵包. We rushed to get back to the date palm grove where these were grown before closing time. Fortunately, we met up with a family from the Middle East who were there to buy 5 of these boxes 買了五箱, more than 60 pounds! They called inside and encouraged the lone person working there, it was a holiday, to open the door again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just discovered your website through Technorati, and I really enjoyed going thru it... I am actually very interested about various cross-cultural experiences.
I would be interested about hearing your theory about this question... (might be the topic of one of my next posts?)... do not hesitate to drop me a line on my blog,

Best,

Tanguy

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry :-)
sthg went wrong,
http://blog.localingo.com
Best,
Tanguy

12:41 PM  
Blogger thoughtfire said...

I'm always happy to give my theory about something, even if I don't know much about it. But which question are you referring to?

Nice blog. Wish I had kept up my high school French.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home