A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Friday, March 30, 2007


Hiking 徒步旅行

Hiking is one of my favorite pastime activities, but not one I have really had enough time to do recently. It’s good to get away into nature 享受大自然 and enjoy a challenge. Though I like hiking, I don’t like skiing 滑雪 or rock climbing 攀岩. Thrill sports are not for me, including roller coasters 空中飛車 which I would end up screaming on.

I have done some serious hiking / mountain climbing 爬山 in several places on both coasts of the United States, in Taiwan and in Mainland China. Recently, we went with friends and their children up to enjoy the snow high up in the mountains nearby 在附近的高山玩雪 and bumped into another friend who decided to go up the same day and time…talk about a small world. This photo here I took in Tianhsiang 天翔, a little village high up in a valley in the mountains of the east of Taiwan. It feels as isolated as it looks in this photo, just as it did when I slept in a teacher’s hostel with co-workers just out of college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home