A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Thursday, April 13, 2006


Singing “Knees and Toes” 忙於無事之忙

Since I had a little bit of free time this week, I have been incredibly busy catching up on all the things that I should have been doing but have not yet gotten to. Just yesterday as I was running from place to place on the streets of a business district like a mouse on a wheel, busy but not quite finishing anything, I noticed one of the businesswomen passing me by looked at me strangely. It was one of those looks that says, well there are all sorts of colorful people around here in the crowds of people on the streets. Then I realized…I was cheerfully humming the song from our 2 year old’s class happily to myself: “Head 頭部 and shoulders 肩膀, knees 膝蓋 and toes腳趾, knees and toes!” I had snapped.

But hey, if you’re going to snap…it’s perfect weather for it. Just look at this photo I snapped on a nearby hilltop. Click on it for a larger photo.

On a related note, the Chinese I used in the title is a description of characters' lives of daily angst from the Dream of the Red Chamber 紅樓夢, a famous Chinese novel. It is a novel I really enjoyed and which I'll write about in the not too distant future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home