A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Sports 運動會

It's the big game around here. Rival teams are playing and our team is actually doing well. I should be excited, but I didn't even know about it until today. I enjoyed sports like mountain climbing and baseball, but I was never a good fan.

Maybe it was the city I came from. Many people there always cheered for other teams. In fact when I was in college, far from home, the football team from my home town was playing an important game. I went in to watch. There were a couple of people there from my home town and so I was shocked to discover that I was the only one who was hoping for our team to win. Such loyalty.

I can only imagine what the Asian soccer games were like. ...lots of fans cheering, worries of the infamous British hooligans visiting. Like beer and hot dogs at our baseball games, rioting seems to be a tradition among 足球迷 at soccer games in some countries. We did visit the world cup stadium when we were staying in South Korea this summer.

On another note....Congratulations to one of our friends is scheduled to be baptized! That's an exciting event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home