A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

暖和!
Just enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon! The temperature was in the 80s here today which is not unusual winter weather when it is sunny. The temperature goes up and people can enjoy going out to the park, gardening or even swimming.

Wintertime is our rainy season though. It gets chilly (down into the 50s and sometimes even the high 40s late at night) when the winter storms 暴風雨 come down from the north and we have to wear sweaters. But then the sun comes out and it's really nice. (For those of you reading this from colder climates you can enjoy this vicariously. I know because it certainly is better than winters where I have lived before.)

It certainly beats the winters where I came from. I can remember one time when I was in college the temperture was almost -30 degrees. With the heavy winds, I read the wind chill factor was -70 degrees. I was waiting for the bus and then the subway for a long time. When I finally got on the subway, it was heated to...ahhh, a toasty 0 degrees!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home