A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Capturing the Moment 攝影

(Photo taken at 1/1600 second)

Photography is part technology, but mostly technique. People compliment me by saying, "nice camera" realizing that I am probably far too unskilled to be the cause of a good photo. I bought my Olympus E-300 almost a year ago now and it's been a great asset. There is a lot of good technology behind the sensor, a cooperative venture between Kodak and Olympus. Because of the size of the sensor, the price of high quality optics is also less than an equivalent lens on another digital SLR. I know there are a lot of uppity Nikon and Canon users out there, but that's because they don't know any better.

The three photos above and below were taken out on a nice sunny day at high speeds to capture the motion of the children on the swings 秋千.




Above photos were taken at 1/2000 of a second.

This photo was taken in the late afternoon sun and captures motion of children both going up and coming down.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Hey, I'm a Nikon (D70) user and I'm not "uppidy." I used an Olympus digital range-finder camera for several years and evaluated many digital SLR cameras before deciding on the Nikon. I may not be an expert on the subject but I think I do know better. So there. (Andy in Philadelphia (you know the one)).

7:36 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:37 PM  
Blogger thoughtfire said...

Of course, who can be uppity in a city that's the setting of "Rocky, part 15"? Well I guess in photography there's obviously no accounting for taste.

Speaking of which, that dog looks like he would be tasty medium rare with just a little seasoning and bbq sauce. Mmmmm! (Just kidding though regretfully I missed a offer to a good dog meal once...had a business trip out of the country I was working. Oh well.)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

At least our movie stars know better than to run for governor, girlie man. And as for your culinary predilections (which, I can say from personal observation, became twisted when you were just a pup), I wouldn't hold myself out as an arbiter of good taste if I were you.

Say hi to your folks for me.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

And another thing. Anyone can freeze time at 1/1600th of a second. Does that capture the moment? I think not. Read today's posting at my blog to see where you could have taken the moment. :)

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home