A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hoagies Expatriate Style

Those of you from Philadelphia will know what I am talking about. They look like a submarine sandwich. They taste like a submarine sandwich. In fact they are submarine sandwiches, but if it is made in Philadelphia it just has that special taste...maybe its the grease.

Well, my parents tonight made submarine sandwiches for us to try. They bought the materials and we constructed them. It was good tasting, I don't have the opportunity to eat traditional American faire, but it was just a little too healthy and good quality ingredients to be real. Two of our children enjoyed it but our baby slept through it all.

We discussed backgrounds and discovered that we may have common ancestry after all. Supposedly one of my great grand relatives of some sort had what the Europeans referred to as Tatar or Mongol ancestry. That means that one of my distant ancestors may have had contact with my wife's ancestors, even if it was through conquest, looting and pillaging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home