A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bargains

I love to bargain shop. We were driving around this area some distance away and found a Chinese bookstore, which was a huge selection of books and soap opera DVDs at an unbelievably low price. It was almost like a book department store, a chain store from Shanghai, which has opened up several stores here. I picked up 6 packs of character practice writing paper for my daughter for 50 cents. My wife enjoys reading there and I have even picked up a few titles.

There is something about shopping in these stores and especially in outdoor markets that is fun. We have a very busy wholesale/retail area nearby and of course we like to stroll around the busy streets of the area looking for bargains. 熱鬧 99 cent stores can be fun, but it just isn't the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home