A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Boy 男孩子

Here he is, a little pocket sized photo of our son. He has 3 girlfriends 三個女朋友 who seem to really like him in as many months and he’s only three years old 三歲. He must have that charm like his father.

The first one I liked. She is a classy two-year old 文靜的女孩子 from Northwest China who seems to enjoy listening to him and taking quiet walks hand-in-hand…I kid you not. Her parents are that way too, the kind of people you like as good friends. The second is a cute two year old, but too boisterous 很調皮. She runs over to him, whacks him and tries to play with his toys 欺負我們, but he still likes playing with her. The 3rd is a four year old who just arrived from Taiwan. She likes leading him around by the hand and seems to be able to successfully boss him around, something his older sister has never quite managed…but no older women!

I like to tell this story so I’ll tell it here on the web. When we were in Taipei and he was sitting on my lap on the subway 我們坐地下鐵路的時候 I would hear a lot of young women say “how handsome!, how handsome! 好帥啊! 好帥啊!” They were talking about me naturally enough…I think…maybe…well, ok probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home