A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Sunday, January 01, 2006


新年快樂! Happy 2006!

After a wonderful New Year's Eve (at our church with lot's of good music敬拜與讚美 , prayer, video reports and greetings from around the world, and talking with friends) we got to bed.
Normally people think back over the past year about what has been done or not done and make resolutions for the future.

I can't think in those large chunks of time. Perhaps I am too simple minded. To me, I take life in seasons . This fall has been an incredibly busy season for me, and looking back I haven't gotten everything done I would like to do, but at least a lot of progress has been made. I am happy with my life and if things continue in the same way over the next winter 2006 season, that'll be fine with me.

Normally a dreary time of year, though the weather is nice in the warmer climes, January is fun in the Chinese culture. We have preparations for the Lunar New Year春節 coming up. Friends and family will get together and there will be lots of celebrations. From a non-Chinese perspective, it really does a good job of breaking up the year between Christmas and the beginning of spring.

The next morning, I spotted these 3 babies sleeping away. Shhhhhhhhh! Don't tell my wife. Oh no! She's coming, quick...gottttttt tooooo...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home