A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

聖誕節

Sorry folks, I know it's been a while since I've posted. This Christmas season has been nice but really busy. For some reason everything happens at once, but I am thankful to the Lord that it all worked out well. I fill in the past weeks in a little bit, but let me talk about Christmas.

We went with friends to 報家音, singing Christmas carols in Chinese at the houses of new acquaintances we have met. We sing, read the Christmas story, give a small gift and then pray with them. All in all a nice way to spend Christmas Eve.

The next day was Christmas Day, which as it was fell on a Sunday this year. That also seemed to work out well. We enjoyed worshipping and helping out at church and then came home to enjoy a traditional Christmas meal I have enjoyed since I was a little child.

We eat various types of smoked fishes (black cod and salmon), salad and large helpings of my mother's chocolate chip cookies. Of course the most fun part about Christmas for little kids of all ages is the presents. The photo you see here is of our little one ripping open his present of clothing...not nearly as fun as the toy monkey! Or maybe I am the only one who enjoys toys more than clothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home