A Cross-Cultural Family 跨文化的家庭

The adventures of an American / Chinese, Chinese-speaking family.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006



中秋節2: 包餃子 Moon Festival 2: Dumpling Rolling

On Saturday night we met with our friends from our cell group at church and had a dumpling rolling party before our weekly meeting. Dumpling rolling is one of those things I have never been good at. 我笨手笨腳. One will be big, another small. Sometimes I'll put too much filling in and sometimes too little....but the ones I rolled were all eaten up. Like sushi rolling, I'm just not coordinated enough to do it well, but they do taste good when I make them. You don't want me as your brain surgeon, but maybe I can mash potatoes or taro your next catering event!

The meeting was great. We had a good time of sharing 分享 of bible verses and stories, going over last week's message 信息 and prayer 祈禱 that just seemed to fit together with what was happening in our lives. Bad things such as a death in the family and good things such as births have happened to those in our group, but through it all we are trusting in the Lord and people in our midst are coming to faith in Christ. This no doubt was what the 1st century church experienced.

In the first photo here you can see one of our experts wrapping the filling of pork, shrimp and other ingredients into the dumpling skins 餃子皮. His hand is moving so quickly, it blurs in the photo....no, actually that's what happens at low shutter speed no flash indoor photo at night. I like the colors better than when I use a flash. In the 2nd photo, some of us are taste testing the results. Can you find the crude paste-in of the photographer tasting a moon cake? The third photo is of the moon cake slicing after the meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home